Monday, February 23, 2009

Sunday

Did a fine job of procrastinating today, but eventually I did get the snow shoveled again, (damn wind) grocery shopping done & had started cooking dinners for the week before the Amazing Race & Big Love came on. The bits of the Oscars I saw seemed alright. I liked the 5 former winners presenting. Hugh Jackman did a pretty good job. I thought he was a curious pick for host but I now understand he has hosted the Toni's a few times, not that anyone ever watches those, are they even televised any more? My mom & her friends in the Alzheimers wing were going to watch the red carpet hoping to see Elizabeth Taylor & Bob Hope. No luck there but they did get to see Sophia Loren who still looks pretty good considering she gotta be pushing 70 right? Good Gravey she's 74! I think they should do another Charlies Angels with Sofia Loren, Rachel Welch (she's 68 and did you know her mother was Irish American and she was born in Chicago) and Ann Margaret (she'll be 68 in April). Hell throw in Connie Stevens (she's 70) and we can re-do the dirtiest show on television the Golden Girls except these ladies are looking better today than the original cast did in the 80s. BTW I did finish cooking and preparing the meals for the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Seeing Bob Hope would be bad, it would be like seeing Abraham Lincoln or Col. Mustard.

And if you want to throw some "young" blood into your Charlies Angels recast, can it be Diane Lane? Good God she looks great for being in her mid-40's. Boy I'd like to...